Friday, June 18, 2010

Changes and Decisions....

"Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

It’s been a couple of weeks since I last posted a blog and a recipe. Lately, I don't feel like writing at all. My better half (or is it bitter?..he he he) says I could be having the writers' block and for a while I thought that's just it. But I came to terms with it. It's just plain laziness or I just don't feel like writing at all. Or both. Just allow me for a moment to get away with my excuses.

There have been a lot of things that has happened the last couple of weeks. Decision that needs to be made and changes that needs to be done have been piling up. Finally, after so many sleepless nights, we finally did it.

DECISION and CHANGE #1
My business partner and I finally agreed to give up the office we have for the last couple of years and just do a home office for the meantime until economy picks up again. It's a hard decision to do. In my entire existence, this consultancy firm is actually the only business I actually owned (well, ok! half of it!). So, as much as I want to hang on to it, there's no other recourse but to give it up. I know I said we'll be doing home office and we’ll be fine but knowing the trend, I know I will be watching it die slowly. As a matter of fact, I am already seeing it happen before my very eyes. My business partner more saddened by this turn of event, hangs on to it more than I do. Financially, he will not be affected that much because he's already retired. It’s the love of doing what we do then giving it up, that’s what’s breaking his heart. He may not say it but I can feel it. July henceforth will not be what it used to be.

DECISION and CHANGE #2
I finally made up my mind to change career and go back to school. To be honest, I was just forced into it by my present predicament. I don’t know if I could hack it but you got to do what you got to do. I was contemplating whether to go to a culinary school (since I can cook anyways) or do the medical field. No, I’m not gonna be a doctor, you silly! I’m thinking more of the laboratory tech like in the MRI or CAT Scan. Something like that. SO, yesterday, I started applying for federal grant and scheduled my school orientations. Most probably, I will be back in school by fall this year. My better half, which’s been very supportive all these years is kinda excited with the prospect of me going back to school. She’s been persuading me to do so ever since although it was about pursuing a master degree on my field. So hello school! Here I come!!!

DECISION and CHANGE #3
Biggest decision as far as I can tell because it really affected my daily schedule, my relationship, my comings and goings. We finally added a new member in our family. No, not a baby! Well, it is in a way because you have to take care of it like one and it’s about a year and half old. Yup! You guess it right. We got ourselves a DOG! We adopted a mix Chihuahua (actually mukha siyang ASKAL if you ask me and it’s alright! See for yourself). We named him Sheldon after a character from The Big Bang Theory TV show because they share some similar peculiarities.

So there they are the reasons why I was taken away from my laptop and my blogs for two weeks.

“That’s all I have to say about that….”

(P.S.: I'll have a recipe tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment